Rally to Protect Nonprofit Services!
September 7, 2017
Alison Cunningham, Columbus House CEO, will be speaking at the Rally to Protect Nonprofit Services. The following details are from the Connecticut Coalition to End Homelessness. We hope to see you at the Rally!
Join us to protect funding for community services.
A strong turnout is critical!
WHEN: Thursday, Sept., 7
10:30 am – 12 pm
WHERE: CT State Capitol
North Capitol Steps
210 Capitol Ave, Hartford CT
We Need Your Help!
Together with our nonprofit partners we are organizing a mass rally to protect community services, and we need your help turning out as many people as possible.
Every day that goes by without a State budget, the pressure on nonprofits grows and so does the possibility of permanent program reductions, closures, lay-offs and harm to communities. Community nonprofits work with people who have behavioral health issues, feed the hungry, protect children, house the homeless, work with the developmentally disabled, and much more. These are not optional services. They are necessities for our neighbors, friends and families. Join us in support of passing a budget that protects funding for community services.
How to Prepare for the Rally
1. RSVP to the event by clicking here.
2. Contact Your Legislators Now: Click here to send a message to legislators to let them know you’re attending the rally and to pass a budget that protects community services.
3. Bring A Poster/Sign: We encourage you to create your own personalized poster or sign, incorporating our rallying cry “PASS A BUDGET: Protect Community Services!” We’ll also have some signs on hand in case you need one.
4.Fill out a legislator leave-behind form! Bring it with you to the rally and we’ll help you deliver it to your legislator. We will also have extra forms on hand at the rally in case you forget yours.
Help us spread the Word
* Click here to download a flier with more information and share it widely with your networks.
* RSVP to our Facebook event and share on social media!
* Click here for a map of parking around the Capitol area.Back To Events