What information we collect
For general inquiries, if you send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of our Website, we’ll gather your name, email address, and any other information you elect to share (your name, together with any other unique identifiers, is your “Personal Information”).
Employer Gift Match
Many employers will match charitable contributions by their employees, board members, spouses, and retirees. Our Website contains a convenient search tool so you can check to see if your employer matches donations and, if they do, obtain the appropriate forms and contact information. If you file the forms with your employer, we’ll receive your name and amount of the donation.
We’re hiring! From time to time, we post vacancies on our Website. If you find a position that matches your qualifications and decide to apply, we’ll gather your contact information, employment history, educational history, and references.
How we use your information
- We may use your information to operate, manage, and improve our Website, and for internal marketing and administrative purposes.
- If you make a donation or otherwise communicate with us, we may send you newsletters and marketing information about our services, until you decide to opt out. We also may send you notifications, updates, and changes about our Website, and contact you to provide customer service and support.
- If you send us a query using our online “Contact Us” form or email us at email@example.com, we’ll forward your information to one of our staff members, who will assist you.
- In the event you apply for a vacancy through our Website, we’ll conduct a background investigation to verify your information.
- We may use your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process, to enforce our rights, to prevent fraud, and to protect the security of the Website and for safety.
- With your consent, we may use your Personal Information in other ways.
How we share your information
How we protect your information
We take reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information to prevent against unauthorized use, access, disclosure, and destruction. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, security measures are not impenetrable and we can’t guarantee against misuse.
Opt In / Opt Out
Third parties may use temporary and permanent cookies, beacons, tags, and other tracking technologies to enhance your experience of our Website. These technologies are used in improving or administering the Website, analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the Website, and to gather demographic information about our user base. If you turn cookies off, you may not be able to enjoy full use of the Website.
Third Party Links
You Can Access, Edit, or Delete Your Information
Our Website is not directed to children under the age of 13 years old, and we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from those under 13 without parental consent. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information without parental consent, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly delete such data.
You may have implemented a “do not track” signal through your browser. As there currently is no fixed standard for do not track signals, we currently do not respond to do not track signals from your web browser.
Data Retention and Destruction
PO Box 7093
New Haven, CT 06519